V13 is primarily a maintenance release consisting of a few minor enhancements and bug fixes.
It also introduces two new features which will probably be of little use to the majority of V users. However, I hope they will help introduce V to a new audience.
The major new features are:
- An experimental Bioinformatics/DNA search which lets you search for amino acid strings and IUPAC codes in files containing DNA sequences.
- Support for XMIT and AWS files (used in IBM mainframe environments).
- Better support for Unicode files containing Asian characters.
- The ability to change the font used by the Directory/Mask/Device boxes and by the FolderTabs (right-click on the arrow to the right of the box).
- A Spanish language interface can be now selected from the new Language tab of Preferences.
- A change in name from "V - The File Viewer" to "The V File Viewer".