These forums are read-only. Please send questions and feedback by email.

Tabs and Favorites

Use this forum to ask any questions and to submit bug reports

Moderator: vuser

GeorgeB

Tabs and Favorites

Postby GeorgeB » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:41 pm

I'm currently using 15b3 x64, but this "issue" came up before I installed the beta.

I have 3 tabs open in one pane: c:\ , c:\data, c:\programs. I want to open another instance of c:\data in a new tab (or even an existing tab), so that I might have c:\, c:\data, c:\programs, c:\data. [I want the 2nd instance of c:\data so that I don't lose track of where I'm at in the 1st instance. I rarely get interrupted so I can't imagine how I can lose my place.]

While working in the new tab, I click on Favorites, then click on c:\data. V immediately goes to the 1st instance of c:\data instead of opening c:\data in the new tab.

I find I still need to do this even with the new tab sets.

I'm hoping that it isn't supposed to do this, and I'm just overlooking a setting that needs tweaking. (Shouldn't be too hard to find, V is such a simple, non-tweakable program! <vbg>)

--George

FileViewer
Site Admin

Re: Tabs and Favorites

Postby FileViewer » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:55 pm

While working in the new tab, I click on Favorites, then click on c:\data. V immediately goes to the 1st instance of c:\data instead of opening c:\data in the new tab.

This is a feature - not a bug!

I'm not sure why I did this. Either someone requested it or I thought it was a good idea at the time!

I'll probably change this behavior in the next beta (beta 5) and see if someone complains. If they do, I will have to add another option!

GeorgeB

Postby GeorgeB » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:54 pm

Admit it, Charles, if it wasn't for people like me coming up with stuff like this, your life would be boring. I feel it's my job to, every once in a while, help keep you on your toes. I think I can take the rest of the year off now.

Thanks,

--George

GeorgeB

Postby GeorgeB » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:56 am

That was quick! And so far nothing else seems broken. :)

You've created a monster, though. So far, I already have 4 tab sets, all dual-pain, at least 3 tabs in each pane.

It's possible I may need professional help. :D

Thanks again, Charles.

--George

Return to “General Support”