These forums are read-only. Please send questions and feedback by email.

use "V" to access tablet folder/files

Use this forum to ask any questions and to submit bug reports

Moderator: vuser

crane3

use "V" to access tablet folder/files

Postby crane3 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:45 pm

I "think" that in ver 13, I was able to use V to look at my tablet's directories BUT not sure that I did. Using ver 13, V doesn't see the tablet which the win7 explorer sees as a portable device; this is only after I had to "re-install" the tablet's usb driver. Of course, the Acer tablet is connected to the PC via a usb cable.

My need/want to access the tablet is to do backups of the ebooks that are on the tablet even if I now will be using calibre on the computer to maintain what I will buy since there are add-ons to remove the DRM. The DRM won't let me try different ebook readers at will even if the ebook is on the same physical tablet & directory!

I would still like to do backups of what is on the tablet as I do have lots of room on 1 of my hdd. I just did my 2nd backup using 2 copies of explorer, 1 looking at the tablet & the 2nd instance looking at the computer; I just selected the files from the tablet & dragged/drop to the computer. It would be nice if I can also do this with V.

So, I don't know if this should be in "Suggestions" as I do think that I was able to use V for my backup of the tablet the 1st time; really don't remember. I did try Total Commander & it did see the tablet, once, then the ability disappeared; so got rid of Total Commander as it also didn' t expand the "..." like V nor was it as smooth as V.

The interesting thing is that I'm able to use V to copy files from the computer to a "thumb drive" ; I mean, both the tablet & flash drive are "portable devices".

FileViewer
Site Admin

Re: use "V" to access tablet folder/files

Postby FileViewer » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:29 am

I "think" that in ver 13, I was able to use V to look at my tablet's directories BUT not sure that I did.

Unfortunately, V only supports Windows drives (that have a drive letter) or network drives that appear under "Network" in the Explorer tree.

It does not support Portable Devices, so you couldn't have used it to view your tablet files (unless you managed to map the table to a Windows drive).

Portable device support is on the todo list, but I do not know if it will be available in V15.

crane3

Re: use "V" to access tablet folder/files

Postby crane3 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:45 pm

Thanks...Guess that the use of V to xfer files to/from a tablet should be a todo suggestion. I do see postings that the xfer of files to/from a tablet is a "bear" but highly desirable for many; will be listening for its availability.

Return to “General Support”