These forums are read-only. Please send questions and feedback by email.

Lost Zip Viewing capability

Use this forum to ask any questions and to submit bug reports

Moderator: vuser

dbrannick

Lost Zip Viewing capability

Postby dbrannick » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:55 am

Recently when I click on a zip file, V tells me the zip feature is not registered. It tells me to download the latest version, which I do, and I select okay. After that it brings up the text image of the zip file but does not open the zip file
Any suggestions on what happened?

dbrannick

Re: Lost Zip Viewing capability

Postby dbrannick » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:11 pm

this is the message I'm getting.
zipserver32.exe/dunzips32.dll not found
v is able to display the contents of zip files
the functionality requires the above files to be installed in the same directory as ve.exe ( and to be properly registered)
if you receive this error message, please download and run the self-installing distribution (vxx.EXT) from the url bellow
alternatively, you can try registering the component by pressing the button below
if you prefer that another program open these files, add the extension (eg, ZIP) to the lis in the Double-Click tab of preferences

buttons:
register ZIP component now cancel

dbrannick

Postby dbrannick » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:35 pm

It appears that this functionality disappeared with release 13 v4 of v.exe (64bit). Also, I noticed that v4 also had a very small file mask box.
I reinstalled V13 earlier release (I think this was the first release of v13) and all this functionality was restored.

FileViewer
Site Admin

Postby FileViewer » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:29 pm

It appears that this functionality disappeared with release 13 v4 of v.exe (64bit)

Please do another update by selecting Check for Updates from the Help menu. Does the problem return?

If it does, please download the latest x64 version from fileviewer.com (v13-x64.exe) and run it to update your version. This should work.

Let me know how you go.

dbrannick

Postby dbrannick » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:11 pm

Okay - I downloaded a new version and installed it. Same problem but here is a twist that I didn't notice before. If I try to open a 7zip file, it works like it should. If I try to open a .zip file I get the message that I need to register those files or download a newer version of the software. Trying to register the files does not work.
BTW - this is the 64bit ver running on win7

FileViewer
Site Admin

Postby FileViewer » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:32 pm

Okay - I downloaded a new version and installed it. Same problem

If you haven't already done so, see if rebooting your PC fixes the problem.

Return to “General Support”