These forums are read-only. Please send questions and feedback by email.

Grouping tabs

Post what you would like to see in future versions

Moderator: vuser

davidmyemail

Grouping tabs

Postby davidmyemail » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:15 am

As a software developer, I deal with a LOT of files. Many of those files and directories are scattered over several servers, network drives and my own PC.

So, I frequently have several copies of V open at once. One might point to a set of files on my web server on which I have several tabs open. Another might be a set of files that relate to some admin function. Yes another might be a set of directories that contain my personal data, and so on.

I *could* just have all these files and directories open in one V window, but it gets confusing and it's hard to have a "logical" grouping of tabs and directories.

It would be nice to only need a single copy of V while still being able to group my tabs. I envision maybe the ability to name a set of tabs, and have that name show up as a button (perhaps with the ability to assign different colors to that button) on the toolbar. I would also like to be be able to switch easily among those groups using either the keyboard (Ctrl-Tab perhaps) or the mouse.

This would save me some serious taskbar space!

Thanks.

FileViewer
Site Admin

Re: Grouping tabs

Postby FileViewer » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:14 am

It would be nice to only need a single copy of V while still being able to group my tabs.

Grouping tabs is on the todo list.

Unfortunately, I don't think it will make it into V12 - which means that it won't be available until next year.

Thanks for the feedback.

Charles.

Return to “Suggestions”