These forums are read-only. Please send questions and feedback by email.

Version 13 - Beta 1

Discussion of pre-release versions of V

Moderator: vuser

FileViewer
Site Admin

Version 13 - Beta 1

Postby FileViewer » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:14 pm

The first beta version of V13 is now available at http://www.fileviewer.com/Beta.html

V13 is primarily a maintenance release consisting of a few minor enhancements and bug fixes.

It also introduces two new features which will probably be of little use to the majority of V users. However, I hope they will help introduce V to a new audience.

The major new features are:

• An experimental Bioinformatics/DNA search which lets you search for amino acid strings and IUPAC codes in files containing DNA sequences.
  • Support for XMIT and AWS files (used in IBM mainframe environments).
Other minor changes include:

• Better support for Unicode files containing Asian characters.
  • The ability to change the font used by the Directory/Mask/Device boxes and by the FolderTabs (right-click on the arrow to the right of the box).
  • A Spanish language interface can be now selected from the new Language tab of Preferences.
  • A change in name from "V - The File Viewer" to "The V File Viewer".
I look forward to your feedback. In particular, please let me know if you find any of the major new features useful.

Regards,
Charles.

djbeam

Re: Version 13 - Beta 1

Postby djbeam » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:05 am

I do not use the feature often, but there are times that when I try to sort a file date .. I need the time in the same sequence .. but I do not seem to be able to do this by either clicking on the date or time or a date/time combo.. see attached ..

What am I doing incorrectly .. or what option have I missed??

Don
Attachments
VlistSortIssue.gif
VlistSortIssue.gif (7.99 KiB) Viewed 50910 times

FileViewer
Site Admin

Re: Version 13 - Beta 1

Postby FileViewer » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:33 pm

What am I doing incorrectly .. or what option have I missed??

Are the first 2 entries (that don't appear to be sorted correctly) files or folders?

Note that when sorting the directory listing, only the files are sorted, the folders are always sorted alphabetically.

If you also want to sort the folders, you need to enable Sort Directory Entries from the Options submenu of the View menu.
(the ".." entry will always be first - it will not be sorted).

However, the folders will always appear at the top of the directory listing (grouped together) and they will be followed by the files.
There is no way to sort the directory listing so that files and folders are sorted together.

Charles.

Return to “Beta Versions”