These forums are read-only. Please send questions and feedback by email.

Version 13

Moderator: vuser

FileViewer
Site Admin

Version 13

Postby FileViewer » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:42 pm

Version 13 of The V File Viewer can now be downloaded from the Downloads page.

Users of V11 and V12 can update by selecting Check for Updates from the V Help menu.

V13 is primarily a maintenance release consisting of a few minor enhancements and bug fixes. It also introduces three new features which will probably be of little use to the majority of V users. However, I hope they will help introduce V to a new audience.

The major new features are:

• Spanish, French and Russian translations (Italian translation will follow). The language can be selected from the new Language section of Preferences.
  • An experimental Bioinformatics/DNA search which lets you search for amino acid strings and IUPAC codes in files containing DNA sequences.
  • Support for XMIT and AWS files (used in IBM mainframe environments).
Other minor changes include:

• Better support for Unicode files containing Asian characters.
  • The ability to change the font used by the Directory/Mask/Device boxes and by the FolderTabs.
  • A change in name from V - The File Viewer to The V File Viewer.
Please see the What's New in Version 13? section of the V Help file for a more detailed explanation of the new features.

If your current registration is less than 6 years old, you can upgrade to Version 13 for free. The V About Box will indicate if your free upgrades have expired. If your registration is more than 6 years old, you will need to re-register in order to use the new version.

I look forward to your feedback. In particular, please let me know if you find the new DNA or XMIT/AWS features useful.

All the best for 2012.

Regards,
Charles.

Return to “Announcements”