These forums are read-only. Please send questions and feedback by email.

Selecting a grid

Post what you would like to see in future versions

Moderator: vuser

wolfje63

Selecting a grid

Postby wolfje63 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:59 am

Hi,

Could it be possible to select a grid for an open file?

I have many fixed text files which have several different types of data records.
For examples:

Code: Select all

CUS08726 763478 USARA
DEL07  TGFFGYF 565656 jashhhsuhf

For both records I have created a grid file. Normally those are meant to be in separate files, however sometime they are in one single file.
So either show all grid files in a drop down to select, or have a possibility to group them to show a selection based on the rules file?

Another option (which is I think much more effort) is to have an option to change the grid based on the line you are in.
The first three characters in this case determines the record type.

Regards,
Jan Paul

FileViewer
Site Admin

Re: Selecting a grid

Postby FileViewer » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:29 pm

For both records I have created a grid file. Normally those are meant to be in separate files, however sometime they are in one single file.
So either show all grid files in a drop down to select, or have a possibility to group them to show a selection based on the rules file?

What you need to do is to add the Grid to the GridLines menu.

To do this, select Organize/Configure from the GridLines menu. Then press the More button and select Import from .vgrid and finally select the vgrid file.

Do this for all the grids that you would like to manually load. This will put the grids at the bottom of the GridLines menu where they can be selected. You can even assign a shortcut key for loading the grid.

wolfje63

Re: Selecting a grid

Postby wolfje63 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:58 pm

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :D .

Return to “Suggestions”