These forums are read-only. Please send questions and feedback by email.

Context menu customize

Post what you would like to see in future versions

Moderator: vuser

bitmonger

Context menu customize

Postby bitmonger » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:36 pm

I was wondering how complex it would be to allow a bit of customization of the context menu that pops up when you right click in V. I know you already have it for directories and file text. For some reason when I use it I seem to to have a blind spot for the execute/run and a couple of others that I use a lot and I end up searching up and down trying to find it.
If there was some way of grouping them, or making a couple bold or a specific colour, or adding an icon, etc.?
I realize this is a shortcoming on my part and I don't know if it would be of benefit to a wider group of V users.
Regardless, V is a fantastic product - it's amazing how much functionality and configurability you've put into it!
Keep up the great work.

FileViewer
Site Admin

Re: Context menu customize

Postby FileViewer » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:28 am

I was wondering how complex it would be to allow a bit of customization of the context menu that pops up when you right click in V.

I have been wanting to do this for many years - but I have always had things to do that had a higher priority.
Unfortunately, there are a lot of options on the right menus. V began when the standard display resolution was 640x480 and I had to group many of the options into submenus.

I really want to implement fully customizable menus - but I don't think it will happen any time soon.

I would suggest that you look at using the keyboard shortcuts for commonly used commands. For example, for Execute/Run you would use Ctrl+I, or you could use Tools->Customize Keyboard to assign your own shortcut to any menu command.

bitmonger

Re: Context menu customize

Postby bitmonger » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:14 am

I will give the keyboard shortcuts a try.
Thanks for the quick response.

Return to “Suggestions”