These forums are read-only. Please send questions and feedback by email.

Folder sizes

Post what you would like to see in future versions

Moderator: vuser

bills

Folder sizes

Postby bills » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:36 pm

When I select the sort column by date the files are sorted but the folders are not. Is there an option to make the behavior of selecting the sort by date the same for both folder dates and file dates? If not I think it would be a good addition to V.

One other thing I think would be useful is to display the folder sizes in the windows just like the file sizes are. I realize that there might have been a deliberate decision to not include this option because this could be a lengthy process that generates heavy disk access and take time. If that is the reason that it has not been included before, I would suggest that it be made a manual option, but make it more convenient than the current process of pulling up the properties menu for each folder one at a time. Maybe a button on the window that if clicked would initiate the file size determination process. (Since it is possible that the process could be lengthy, if there is a start button there should also be a halt button in case you decide you don't want to wait for the process to complete). Flexibility could be added by having the option of generating the folder sizes of all the folders or of just the ones selected (by the normal folder selection process, click or click then shift+click or click then Ctrl+click).

FileViewer
Site Admin

Re: Folder sizes

Postby FileViewer » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:47 pm

When I select the sort column by date the files are sorted but the folders are not.

By default, the folders are always sorted by name.

To change this, you can enable Sort Directory Entries from the Options submenu of the main View menu.

Note that all the folders will still appear at the top of the directory listing (above the files), however, they will be sorted amongst themselves.

One other thing I think would be useful is to display the folder sizes in the windows just like the file sizes are.

I will consider this for V14.

Regards,
Charles.

Return to “Suggestions”