These forums are read-only. Please send questions and feedback by email.

About the crippling of the demo mode...

Use this forum to ask any questions and to submit bug reports

Moderator: vuser

WordTickler

About the crippling of the demo mode...

Postby WordTickler » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:27 pm

I can't tell you how angry your "demo mode" is making me. Here I am, trying in good faith to evaluate the functionality of FileViewer and the application is constantly throwing up notices telling me I have to be registered to try a given feature. If you're going to call it a trial, you should at least allow me to give the software features a trial.

You are shooting yourself in the foot--at least with me. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this overwhelming heavy-handedness isn't the reason I've seen this app out in the pirate scene with a crack to enable the disabled features. I mentioned that I'm trying to evaluate it "in good faith" because it's true. I could have downloaded the pirated version and performed a more unhindered evaluation but did not. I'm sure others have, though, and I can't say I blame them. You deserve the hit.

I wanted to try the font change hotkey feature as I played around with fixed-width fonts in hex mode--nope. Not allowed. Must be registered.

I wanted to drag down the ruler and see how things aligned while evaluating a given fixed-width font--nope. Gotta be registered.

I wanted to... well, you get the idea.

There's TrialWare and there's CrippleWare. The current "trial version" of FileViewer is too cumbersome to be called TrialWare. It is unequivocally CrippleWare and, frankly, it has really been a effort in futility. I'm off to look at other apps--after I put my credit card BACK into my wallet and uninstall this paranoid creation.

It's a shame. Truly.

-= WordTickler =-

FileViewer
Site Admin

Re: About the crippling of the demo mode...

Postby FileViewer » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:55 pm

I can't tell you how angry your "demo mode" is making me.

Sorry to hear that. If you are still interested in evaluating the program, I have sent you a code which will temporarily register you for 2 weeks.

Return to “General Support”