These forums are read-only. Please send questions and feedback by email.

run as administrator

Use this forum to ask any questions and to submit bug reports

Moderator: vuser

djbeam

run as administrator

Postby djbeam » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:16 pm

I have W7Pro .. with all current updates, V14 with all current updates and I never seem to be able to use the "run as administrator" function. It is almost (99.9% of the time) greyed out...

It is becoming a pain to have to use other facilities to execute a program .. is there a solution that can be implemented so this is not necessary

FileViewer
Site Admin

Re: run as administrator

Postby FileViewer » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:55 pm

I have W7Pro .. with all current updates, V14 with all current updates and I never seem to be able to use the "run as administrator" function. It is almost (99.9% of the time) greyed out...

Run As Administrator is only greyed out if V is already running as administrator.

In this case, Run/Execute should be identical to Run As Administrator.

To confirm, that V is indeed running as Admin, run the Task Manager (right-click on the Windows Task Bar a select Start Task Manager), select the Processes tab and enable "Show processes from all users". Then click on the View menu, select Select Columns and check "User Account Control (UAC) Virtualization" (towards the bottom of the list) and click OK.

If V is running as Admin, the UAC column in the Task Manager (next to V.exe) should say "Not Allowed".

Return to “General Support”