These forums are read-only. Please send questions and feedback by email.

Deleting file which V has open

Use this forum to ask any questions and to submit bug reports

Moderator: vuser

vefatica

Re: Deleting file which V has open

Postby vefatica » Thu May 20, 2010 8:49 pm

vefatica wrote:> Of course, in the case of data being appended to the file, V could choose to ignore the appended data.
> If this is what you want, I can look at adding an option to do that.

That would be just a drop in the bucket. Don't do that for me. I want it to ignore the file if I so choose (let it have a manual "reload" option). If simply looking at a (small) file as it was when it was read is impossible, that would seem a lack of functionality.

What's up with turning "tail" on/off? That seems to get rid of the monitoring (a bug?). Apparently the ability to turn it off is already there.

To be more precise, apparently the ability to turn file monitoring is already there.

FileViewer
Site Admin

Re: Deleting file which V has open

Postby FileViewer » Thu May 20, 2010 10:40 pm

What's up with turning "tail" on/off? That seems to get rid of the monitoring (a bug?). Apparently the ability to turn it off is already there.

No. This is a bug.

Although tailing has been turned off, V still thinks that it is turned on and so does not reload the file (as it thinks that
the tailing code will take care of it).

The bug is harmless when viewing small files. However, for larger files (over 64K), it can lead to the file display being corrupted or even
cause V to crash - it will have to be fixed in the next release.

Charles.

Return to “General Support”