How To Get Help
For a detailed description of V
's main features and how to use them, please consult the
V Help File
(press F1 while in V
). Use the Index
tabs to search for what
you are looking for.
If you want to know how to enable or disable a feature, take a look at all the options
in the Preferences (select Preferences from the View menu or press Alt+P). Also try right-clicking to see
what options are available.
The Service Release Page, contains a description of recent bug fixes.
If you would like to be notified of new version releases, please join the
V Update List.
Although questions, bug reports and suggestions can always be sent to me via email,
I encourage users to submit questions to the new V Support Forum
so that other users can also benefit.
You will need to register in order to post in the forum (click on Register in the top right of the forum), but there is no need to register in order to browse the forum.
Note that licensing and order questions should be sent to me via email at
Click here to enter the V Support Forum
Known Bugs (and features :-)
- If you change/add a file association while V is running, V will
continue to display the old file icons. In some cases, incorrect icons may be displayed.
To fix this, you will have to restart V.
- File tailing may not work on network drives (particularly Unix drives).
- Using "." as the In Directory when doing a GREP may not work on network drives.
- Greenbar does not always display properly in Print Preview - but it should print correctly.
- Displaying Unicode files with foreign characters requires a font to be used that supports all characters in the file.
- When a directory is entered into the Directory box, V will select the directory in the Explorer tree.
This does not always work if the directory is a UNC (ie, in the format \\Computer\Directory)
- Viewing files can sometimes cause your Terminal Services session to disconnect.
- As of Version 9, V no longer runs on Windows 95/98/Me/NT.
"A problem well stated is a problem half solved"